Appetite For Distraction

Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Dessert. Snacks. Extravagant vs Unrefined. Homecooked vs Restaurant. Comfort Food. Down Home-style. Gluttony. Twists on a Classic. Hors D'oeuvres. Midnight Snacks. Beggars Banquets. Beverages.

Subscribe to Appetite For Distraction

Thursday, February 01, 2007

RECORD CUPCAKECAKE

I have to be careful what promises i make when i'm drunk, because i can't stand the thought of going back on my word. With countless bogan bourbons, rums and whiskeys down my throat at a Peaches show few weeks ago, I said i'd happily bake a birthday cake for DJ Amy from Macromantics.

Hungover the next afternoon i whipped up some chocolate cupcakes rather than a cake. I've had this fantasy lately that cupcakes could be so awesome with certain lollies and chocolates in them - reese's pieces in particular - but i haven't been able to make it work as yet. This time i used both regular and peanut m&m's and the mixture wasn't thick enough, so the bastards just sank to the bottom. Given Amy is a DJ, i thought it fitting that the cupcakes be presented on a record, so i pulled out a 50c opp shop rekkid and gluegunned the suckers down to it.

Here are some photos of the birthday 'cake' coming together, as well as its surprise delivery onstage at the Prince of Wales.
















Nostalgic part - A few years back i used to make muffins and cupcakes a lot. Generally when i was angry or stressed. I don't know that i'm particularly angry at the moment.... but... anyway. I remember a specific time when my brother had an incident whilst parking my folks car in the CBD. He'd zipped into a parking space that some dude reckoned he had dibs on. The guy honked and hollered, and when my brother returned later from shopping, he found that every single panel on the car had been keyed... so the fucker had actually walked a circle around the car scratching the whole way. It was my parent's car (they were away at the time), and my bro came home fairly upset. I was so angry that someone could have been so angry about something so trivial as a parking space that i made muffins. Ahhh, sweet baking relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home