Appetite For Distraction

Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Dessert. Snacks. Extravagant vs Unrefined. Homecooked vs Restaurant. Comfort Food. Down Home-style. Gluttony. Twists on a Classic. Hors D'oeuvres. Midnight Snacks. Beggars Banquets. Beverages.

Subscribe to Appetite For Distraction

Friday, June 08, 2007

VEGAN DINNER

If I'm not mistaken, this was my first invitation to a Vegan's house for dinner, and i was interested to see what might be on offer.

I arrived the first guest, and in jest, asked the vegan chef, "You about to get my steak going...? Where's the cow? Out back??" Ha har.

Not to my surprise, the food was delicious:



I should have snapped more photos of the hors d'oeuvres and desserts, which included a Strawberry salad with Passion Fruit dressing - like Pavlova without the Pav... yum!

Also for dessert, were Tofutti Cuties:





I wore my welcome pretty thin i reckon. First to arrive, and still the last bozo guest to depart at well well well past midnight on a Wednesday night. After throwing back countless beers, i decided it was a great idea to neck some Shiraz at the end of the night and suffered a hangover of biblical proportions the next day. Perhaps a vegan diet doesn't mop up the booze as well as a meaty one.....? Excuses Excuses!

Verdict: Vegan is A-OK by me. Just allow me an occasional amnesty of bacon & eggs, camembert, snickers bars, pork crackling and snails, and maybe i'd join the club!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home